9/1/07

Commitments

"I commit myself to self-responsibility. I commit myself to not indulging in smallness in any way, including not indulging in shame, isolation, blaming, self-hatred, cynicism, helplessness, or despair. I commit myself to Truth, to being aware of and transforming any beliefs, intentions, and actions that reflect and support the illusory small self instead of that which I truly am. I commit myself to experiencing and sharing the Light and Truth with myself and to helping others experience and bring forth the Light and Truth within within themselves. I commit myself to being in community with others, knowing that separateness is an illusion and that love is what we are."
-Susan Hathaway



The 10 Commandments of self esteem

1. Thou shalt not consort with people who make thee feel bad about thyself.

2. Thou shalt cease trying to make sense out of crazy behavior.

3. Though shalt not keep company with those more dysfunctional than thyself.

4. Trust thy body all the days of thy life. (Thy mind doth fornicate with thee)

5. Thou hast permission at all times to say "No," to change thy mind, and to express thy true feelings.

6. What is not right for thee is not right for thy brethren.

7. Thou shalt not give beyond thine own capacity.

8. What thy brethren think of thee mattereth naught.

9. Wherever thou art, therein also is the party.

10. Thou shalt sing thine own praises all the days of thy life.


The Four Agreements
1. Be impecable with your word. (power of your word)
2. Don't take anything personally. (people are just doing what they are doing)
3. Don't make assumptions. (Don't add meaning. React to only what you know is true)
4. Always do your best. (be present. enjoy now)

No comments: